Tuesday, July 5, 2011

come, take a peek...

Do you want to take a peek at what's going on at the center? The ladies are learning so quickly and I love getting to see their personalities come out as they make the cards. They finally called me by my name for the first time yesterday and it felt like a huge breakthrough! We talk a lot but they normally don't say my name. I can hear them talk about me to one another and they call me "that girl" in Hindi. :) But yesterday, one lady said, "Jessica madam!" I was so happy! We are laughing more and more and more each day - there are some pretty comical ladies that give us a lot to laugh about. I hope you enjoy the pictures! (I didn't include pictures of all the random "guests" who stop by each day and watch us work and ask questions and stare at us and then move on. I'll include those another time.)







It's tough getting a smile out of these ladies for pictures! This picture made me laugh - they look so angry! When I showed it to them and asked why they didn't smile, they all just laughed and kept working. :)










Thank you for looking at our pictures. Soon I will have more information on where the cards and journals can be purchased in the US. The ladies are so grateful and amazed that people will want to purchase their work.

******Please excuse the flash in the pictures. The center is very dark and has one tiny window that lets in only a little natural light. The other light source is a florescent bulb sticking out of the wall. As you can imagine, it's very dark. We are working to have another florescent light installed. I opted to shoot with my flash today even though it doesn't look good. If you have any suggestions for shooting in this setting, please let me know. I would be so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment