Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th!



Happy 4th of July! I celebrated with a trip to Delhi for a 4th party at the Embassy with friends. We ate real hamburgers (well sort of!) and curly fries and apple pie! Funny how the things you don't even eat much at home are suddenly such a welcome sight. The night was complete with fireworks and American music. But we kept it Indian with a long ride home in an auto rickshaw. :)

Today, I celebrated by having yogurt and granola and an apple with peanut butter. I was one happy American girl. It's the little things, right?



It wasn't a completely American day, though. It was very Indian as usual with buses, elephants, autos, crazy traffic...



...and delicious mangos! Sadly, these mangos aren't available in the US of A. I'm already trying to figure out a way to bring some back with me!



Happy 4th, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment