Tuesday, February 22, 2011

things i've loved recently

I could think of no better title for this post because it's bedtime. So for my friends who have a deep appreciation for all things bulleted and numbered, here you go:

what i've loved recently (in no particular order)

1. Seeing God open and close doors so clearly as He establishes my steps. (Proverbs 16:9)

2. Finding this line in a Drew Holcomb song: "You are a novel in a sea of magazines." Pure poetry right there. Yes, please. :)

3. Pinterest. I'm still a little unsure on how I got signed up (please excuse the preposition). But now that I'm signed up, I really like it.

4. Learning about legalism in our worship service and studying about it in our small group tonight. You can listen to the sermon here. So thankful that the opposite of legalism is knowing God. If we truly know Him and know His character, we cannot possibly think that any part of Him is legalistic. We follow and obey Him, not as an obligation, but because He has changed us. Our obedience is a response to knowing Him. We are now free to follow Him in obedience.

5. This is throwing it way back to December but I LOVED getting to grab coffee with my forever friend Katie. We have known each other all our lives and have laughed, played, imagined, dreamed, cried, and loved together. I'm thankful to have spent even just a little time with her over coffee on my way home for Christmas.


6. Laughing, laughing, laughing with Linn during a spontaneous dance party explosion to LeCrae and Natalie Cole.


There you have it, bullet/number-loving friends. :)

3 comments:

  1. 1. I love you, and your blog.
    2. I'm so glad you got to see sweet Kate before she moved! I miss you all.
    3. You and Linn crack me up. And I'm jealous y'all get to live together :)
    4. Why have I never listened to LeCrae? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I love numbered points of fact so thank you :)
    2. I feel like I need a good long night of laughter and tears with my Jackson girls!

    3. I always LOVE hearing about you and Linn's roommate moments

    4. I love you on this dreary Mobile Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and also...I just listened to LeCrae...I want a dance party now AND i just went to Pinterest...it may have slightly just changed my life in a i love fashion and decorating kind of way...

    ReplyDelete